| NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING | | NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING | | NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING | | NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING |
UNDERSTAND NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING VIDEO (CLICK)
"It takes a village to raise a child ".
It will take our villages to "raise our Neighbourhood Plan: Neighbourhood planning provides the opportunity for us to set out our positive vision for how we want our Parish to develop to 2041in ways that meet our local need and make sense for the Parish of Beckford.
1. Form a steering group with Parish Council oversight
• We’ve done this.
• The Group is called “Beckford2041”… because that’s a much snappier title than “Beckford Parish Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group”.
• We meet at the Village Hall on the first Monday of the month, as advertised on Parish noticeboards and the Parish Council’s website.
• Please come along and join in.
2. Get the community on board and identify the issues
• Gather evidence, raising awareness of the idea of making a plan, asking the community for its views, reviewing planning policies and development issues (eg flood risk, highways) and documenting our work.
• Engaging the community is an ongoing exercise. So far, we have held two consultation exercises and carried out a residents’ survey. Information on both of those activities is set out elsewhere on this website.
• Agree the plan boundaries with Wychavon DC.
3. Develop a vision and objectives
• Using the evidence we’ve gathered, we will work up a draft vision and objectives which will give us a direction for the preparation of a draft neighbourhood plan.
• We will check that the draft vision and objectives conform with the South Worcestershire Development Plan and will seek views from the community on them.
4. Prepare a draft plan
5. Consult on the draft plan
• We will again consult the community (residents and businesses), as well as councils and other statutory consultees (eg the Environment Agency, Worcs County Council and adjoining parishes). The draft plan will be revised as appropriate following that consultation.
6. Submit the draft plan to Wychavon
• Wychavon DC will act as an independent examiner and will consult with others.
• Once the draft plan’s been through independent examination, we will put it to residents for approval in a referendum.
• The plan will be adopted if it is approved by a majority of voting residents in our Parish.